[mythtv-users] numerous attempts to find HDHR

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 23:36:34 UTC 2022

On 2/22/22 17:27, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/log/mythtv/hdhr_discovery.log'

User mythtv can't write to the log. I thought changing the above
to /tmp/hdhr_discovery.log was done. Be sure that the owner:group
of the file in /tmp is mythtv:mythtv. Or, just let the backend run
and create the file. If you run the script as yourself 1st, then
user mythtv won't be able to write to it. Just chown as required
if that happens. The same applies for any file written to by
multiple users.

--
Bill