[mythtv-users] Missing 'transcoded' widget in MythCenter-wide

David Hampton mythtv at love2code.net
Sat Feb 12 16:04:05 UTC 2022

On Sat, 2022-02-12 at 14:58 +0000, John Pilkington wrote:
> For years my cutting script has been setting the 'transcoded' flag.
> ISTR that it was important for UPnP playback.  But the MythCenter-
> wide
> theme has a commented-out section intended to display the transcoded
> status, there's no transcoded.png in 'themes' and my attempts to get
> something to show on screen haven't worked.  Perhaps it was removed
> in a
> clutter purge, or because it wasn't thought important.  Does anybody
> know?

I looked at the git logs, and it was added to the code in a commented
out state in 2010.

I'm guessing you already tried un-commenting the "transcoded" state in
recordings-ui.xml and adding a transcoded.png file.  I think you also
need to add a couple of lines near the end of PlaybackBox::ItemLoaded
in programs/mythfrontend/playbackbox.cpp that look like this:

        uint flags = pginfo->GetProgramFlags();
        if (flags & FL_TRANSCODED)
            item->DisplayState("transcoded", "flags");

Totally untested.

David