[mythtv-users] Shingled (SMR) hard drives

Jon Boehm jon.s.boehm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 19:55:02 UTC 2022

I moved my MythTV recordings from a SMR drive to a 1TB SSD last year
because the playback interface was overvably slow during big events like
the Super Bowl or New Years Eve, (multiple recordings all with
commercial scan etc).  Since then, viewing has been as fast as expected.
My Kodi content is still on the SMR drive with no trouble.