[mythtv-users] Trouble Adding Channel

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Feb 3 10:31:15 UTC 2022

On 03/02/2022 07:55, David Watkins wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Feb 2022 at 04:00, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
>
>> On 2022-02-02 6:26 p.m., DryHeat122 wrote:
>>
>>> There are no channel entries like the ones you describe so I'm reluctant
>>> to experiment by adding one unless someone says it's definitely the
>>> thing to do. I'm guessing the record in question is in
>>> SchedulesDirect-hdpvr.DB
>>
>> It looks like you have not properly configured the setup. The wiki page
>> here: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV
>> has a quite complete breakdown of the necessary steps. Personally, I am
>> running an older version of mythtv which does not have all of the steps
>> available from within mythtv Video Setup. So I use the command line method.
>>
>> tv_grab_zz_sdjson --configure --config-file
>> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/hdpvr.xmltv
>>
>> One of the steps involved in the configure process, is to go through and
>> select the channels you want, or don't want. This is tedious. The quick
>> route is generally to set all channels to 'yes', and then edit the
>> hdpvr.xmltv file, setting '=' for those you want and '!' for those you
>> do not.
>>
>> Geoff
>>

> When configuring xmltv by hand for the Schedules Direct grabber you get the
> option to select a Lineup or a group of channels.
>
> I've never selected a Lineup, but I assume it's a preset group of channels
> based on your specified location.
>
> If that works then it's much easier than individually selected channels by
> hand which, as Geoff says, is very tedious.
>
> Sounds like maybe that Lineup isn't working for you though.

Yep. I would never do that here. The lineup is 'inaccurate' for my postcode since I am in a location
which overlaps three different local regions. People the other side of town (same postcode) get
London while we get South; others a little way north can get Oxford easier.

Suggestion: Do a dummy config run to another .xmltv file and select all channels, then have a look
and see if they have all the ones you expect. That will tell you if your problem could be there.

--

Mike Perkins