[mythtv-users] Trouble Adding Channel

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Feb 3 10:26:42 UTC 2022

On 02/02/2022 23:26, DryHeat122 wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 23, 2022 at 3:12 AM Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> On 23/01/2022 02:04, DryHeat122 wrote:

>> The
>> errors

>> that
>> setting

>>> I'm in the US.
>>>
>>> There doesn't seem to be any way to select an item from the xmltv file
>>> within the channel editor. I looked at the entry for 1048, and duplicated
>>> that with the channel ID shown in SD website for my lineup. Something is
>>> obviously not right, tho.
>>>
>> You can't do this from the channel editor. It is a text file somewhere
>> under your .mythtv directory
>> with the name corresponding to the name of your source and the extension
>> .xmltv.
>>
>> Inside you should find some preamble info including your schedulesdirect
>> name and password and then
>> a line for each channel of interest (or not).
>>
>> The channel will have a '=' for a channel you want and a '!' for a channel
>> that should be ignored.
>> In addition, channels not in the list will be ignored. So you need to find
>> a line that says:
>>
>> channel=I67890.json.schedulesdirect.org
>>
>> If it has a '!' change it to a '='. If it isn't there append a new line to
>> the end.
>>
>> Note. It is possible that this is not the way it works in the US. I am
>> sure that someone more
>> familiar with that option will chime in if so.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Mike Perkins
>>

> Just getting back to this problem. I have /home/mythtv/.mythtv/hdpvr.xmltv
> It only contains
>
> database=/home/mythtv/.xmltv/SchedulesDirect-hdpvr.DB
> lineup=USA-AZ02490-X
> 3rdparty-metadata=disabled
> mythtv-categories=enabled
>
> station-logo-order=
>

> There are no channel entries like the ones you describe so I'm reluctant to
> experiment by adding one unless someone says it's definitely the thing to
> do. I'm guessing the record in question is in SchedulesDirect-hdpvr.DB

Sorry for the noise. It looks like you're using the SQLite version, where all the info is obviously
held on your local database.

I'm using the JSON version but /without/ the database. This version, like the older traditional
xmltv methods, adds a line for each channel found and is therefore easy to check and to edit[1].

I'm guessing the only way for you to correct this would be to re-run the --configure job which ought
to rebuild the database with the correct channels in it. If it hasn't appeared then, then you'll
have to go back to SchedulesDirect and find out if there has been an oversight on their part.

[1] Since they are in the process of moving around a lot of the channels here in the UK, that is a
job I'll be doing very soon now.

--

Mike Perkins