[mythtv-users] Trouble Adding Channel

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Feb 3 03:57:44 UTC 2022

On 2022-02-02 6:26 p.m., DryHeat122 wrote:

> There are no channel entries like the ones you describe so I'm reluctant
> to experiment by adding one unless someone says it's definitely the
> thing to do. I'm guessing the record in question is in
> SchedulesDirect-hdpvr.DB

It looks like you have not properly configured the setup. The wiki page
here: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV
has a quite complete breakdown of the necessary steps. Personally, I am
running an older version of mythtv which does not have all of the steps
available from within mythtv Video Setup. So I use the command line method.

tv_grab_zz_sdjson --configure --config-file
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/hdpvr.xmltv

One of the steps involved in the configure process, is to go through and
select the channels you want, or don't want. This is tedious. The quick
route is generally to set all channels to 'yes', and then edit the
hdpvr.xmltv file, setting '=' for those you want and '!' for those you
do not.

Geoff