[mythtv-users] macosx build failure

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 13:28:07 UTC 2022

On Wed, Dec 28, 2022 at 12:26 AM James <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:

> On 24 Dec 2022, at 11:12 am, John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Fri, Dec 23, 2022 at 5:54 PM James <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:
>

>> > On 23 Dec 2022, at 11:50 pm, John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > less
>> /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_github.com_macports_macports-ports_aqua_qt5/qt5-mysql-plugin/main.log
>>
>> I built the complete app so all license and command line tools are
>> correct.
>>

> Bummer - I was hoping for an easy fix :)
>

>> The log: http://tigger.ws/downloads/main.log
>

> Googling the exact error lead me here:
> https://github.com/therecipe/qt/issues/327
> and here:
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41513456/qt-5-7-xcode-8-1-os-x-el-capitan-could-not-resolve-sdk-path-for-macosx
>
> Perhaps try setting the SDK version in Xcode manually? (Xcode ->
> Preferences -> Locations -> Command Line Tools)
>

> I've got another error, not sure if it is 'cause of my setup. I definitely
> did build once but the maria stuff was a problem. Fixed that but I don't
> understand std::variant enough to say ah ha
>
> ..
> In file included from http/mythhttpdata.cpp:2:
> In file included from http/mythhttpdata.h:8:
> In file included from ./http/mythhttptypes.h:16:
> ./http/mythmimetype.h:9:10: fatal error: 'variant' file not found
> #include <variant>
>          ^~~~~~~~~
> 1 error generated.
> make[2]: *** [obj/mythhttpdata.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [sub-libmythbase-make_first] Error 2
> make: *** [libs] Error 2
>     Compiling Mythtv failed

That's a new one.  Unfortunately, that file doesn't seem to have been
edited in over a year.  Perhaps compiling with a more modern compiler would
be a workaround.

To do so:

sudo port install clang-15

Once that finishes installing, you'll need to add the following flag/input
when you call the compile script:

--macports-clang=clang-15

./compileMythfrontendAnsible.zsh --database-version=mariadb-10.5
--macports-clang=clang-15