[mythtv-users] Recording from an IPTV source

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 18:41:27 UTC 2022

On 23/11/2022 19:19, John P Poet wrote:
> You could write a custom "external recorder" for mythtv, but the
> included `mythexternrecorder` application might be able to do what you
> want. It uses configuration files to tell it  how to obtain a valid
> transport stream and that is fed into mythbackend.
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ExternalRecorder#Using_the_.22Generic.22_External_Recorder <https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ExternalRecorder#Using_the_.22Generic.22_External_Recorder>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Example_Configuration_files
> <https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Example_Configuration_files>

Just following up to say that I got this to work (once a suitable HDMI
splitter arrived). Quality is superb.

I have some more integration work to do (e.g. build IR blasters, make
sure that one STB's IR signals don't reach another STB, reliably switch
STBs on and off in order to save power etc.).

Once I'm done I'll contribute a write-up to the wiki.

Thanks, Jan