[mythtv-users] macosx build failure

James jam at tigger.ws
Thu Dec 22 13:43:38 UTC 2022

> On 21 Dec 2022, at 10:41 pm, James <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:
>

>> On 21 Dec 2022, at 10:33 pm, John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com <mailto:john.hoyt at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 5:48 PM James <jam at tigger.ws <mailto:jam at tigger.ws>> wrote:
>> John this feedback is for your info, I'm not asking for a fix.
>>
>> I need mythfrontend on macosx running high sierra so (after lots of hoop jumping)
>>
>> Installed a High Sierra VM (on parallels)
>> Installed macports (xcode etc) synced to git hub
>> run zsh
>> run compileMythFrontend --version=fixes/32
>>
>> *** needs gsed to be installed
>>
>> It looks like you're probably using the version of the compile script in the mythtv repo.  I have a slightly updated version here that should have resolved the gsed issue: https://github.com/MythTVforMacOS/compileMythfrontend <https://github.com/MythTVforMacOS/compileMythfrontend>
>>
>> That version also has my initial fix to default to mariadb for older macOS versions.  Give it a go and let me know if it resolves the gsed and mariadb issues.  If so, I'll setup a Pull Request to mythtv to get those changes into packaging.
>
> Tiz late at night in Perth, I'll do in the morning and report back by this time tomorrow
> James

From start to finish without a hitch. Thankyou.

In case anyone refers to this mail in the archives:

If you need get an install.app from apple. All the other installs I could source failed.
I needed a High Sierra install and the only way I could get apple to give me that was to use a machine pegged at High Sierra eg iMac27 2011 and download from their developer site (google)

Install on a VM. I found parallels to be faster than vbox.

Install macports
Install Xcode as per the doco for macports

Sync to github (google)

Run John's compileMythtvAnsible.zsh (todays, 22 Dec 2022, worked)
I have apple Xcode and High Sierra Install. They are over 10G so it'll be messy to share.

Dealing with apple changes with time, I can't see THIS way changing, but you may need to spelunk

James