[mythtv-users] macosx build failure

James jam at tigger.ws
Tue Dec 20 22:47:14 UTC 2022

John this feedback is for your info, I'm not asking for a fix.

I need mythfrontend on macosx running high sierra so (after lots of hoop jumping)

Installed a High Sierra VM (on parallels)
Installed macports (xcode etc) synced to git hub
run zsh
run compileMythFrontend --version=fixes/32

*** needs gsed to be installed

script runs only error is 'not able to build mysql8'
install mysql8 by hand. (No errors)

*** ansible finishes but does not install qt5

install qt5-qtbase

more errors ...

I'm going to rinse n repeat logging everything with tee if you do want anything else I'll just consider High Sierra obsolete (for me every thing works except meta-data lookup, which I do with the backend)(but one day I'll want 33 etc)

James