[mythtv-users] Undelete a show marked for deletion by mistake?

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Sun Dec 18 19:40:45 UTC 2022

> or overwrite the file of an unwanted recording and run
>
> mythcommflag -q --rebuild --file xxxxx_yyyymmddxxxx.ts
>
> and m > Recording Options > change metadata as appropriate

This caught my eye not for undelete but as a way to promote a video to a
recording. I capture streaming videos on my firestick and would like
them to end up as a recording with a seektable and commercials marked.
I've always wondered why there wasn't an easy way to do this. I know
about the import recorder, but I find it too complicated. The only
metadata I care about is the Title.

So I tried the above and it worked fine, although I don't know how to
change the title.

The other disappointment is that commercial marking really need a
different algorithm to be effective. I'm talking about streaming video
with commercials. At least some of the ones I get actually have a timing
countdown timer icon during the commercial. mythcommflag doesn't
recognize them, possibly because they are on top of the screen not where
logos would be positioned.