[mythtv-users] Undelete a show marked for deletion by mistake?

A. F. Cano afc54 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 17 19:09:51 UTC 2022

On Sat, Dec 17, 2022 at 10:18:50AM +0000, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 17/12/2022 09:09, John Pilkington wrote:
> Amended version:
> >
> > If you just want to play it, you could
>
> put the saved file, with a recognisable filename,
>
> > into a MythTV 'video' directory, 'scan for changes' and play as a video

I thought about that option after writing my original, panicked email.
It was to be the backup procedure.

> > or overwrite the file of an unwanted recording and run
> >
> > mythcommflag -q --rebuild --file xxxxx_yyyymmddxxxx.ts
> >
> > and m > Recording Options > change metadata as appropriate

This worked.  Recorded a few minutes of a show on the same channel and
then copied the original file I had copied out of the mythtv directory
to that file name.  Then, the 2 commands above did the trick.  I now
have the show back in the line-up.  Thanks.

> > but neither of these is likely to get back any metadata that you might
> > have lost.
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > John P

Augustine