[mythtv-users] Undelete a show marked for deletion by mistake?

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 09:09:21 UTC 2022

On 17/12/2022 04:22, A. F. Cano wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've deleted a show by mistake.  I know mythtv doesn't delete tha actual
> file immediately, so I went to the directory and copied it right away,
> but now I have a file that I can only play outside of mythtv, with
> smplayer for instance.
>
> I've gone to the previously recorded section and found it but there is
> no option in the menu to undelete it. Somehow I found an option
> somewhere to allow re-recording it, but that won't help if it's never
> re-broadcast.
>
> Is there a way to tell mythtv (v31 from deb-multimedia on debiqn
> stable) to undelete a show.  I probably won't get a reply before mythtv
> deletes this partucular show, so is there some way to re-input the file
> into mythtv later?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Augustine

If you just want to play it, you could put the file into a MythTV
'video' directory, 'scan for changes' and play as a video

or overwrite the file of an unwanted recording and run

mythcommflag -q --rebuild --file xxxxx_yyyymmddxxxx.ts

and m > Recording Options > change metadata as appropriate

but neither of these is likely to get back any metadata that you might
have lost.

HTH

John P