[mythtv-users] Phantom encoders appearing randomly

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 08:21:18 UTC 2022

I may be misunderstanding here but I thought the global start early setting
was for tuners that were slow to tune and start recording, or to allow a
'sleeping' backend to wake up.

It's the 'start early' / 'end late' settings in the recording rule that
allow for the overlapping recordings and which may get ignored.  Of course
if the settings are in the default recording rule template then they're
sort of global.