[mythtv-users] Linux driver support for TBSDTV cards fading

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 21:46:42 UTC 2022

After a new install of Fedora 37 with Linux kernel 6.something I found
that  the Linux drivers for the TBSDTV cards are not updated anymore.
According to the Wiki https://github.com/tbsdtv/linux_media/wiki up to
kernel 5.18 is supported. The last update of that page is from 13 October.
The way TBSDTV does support Linux drivers is to let you download, build and
install a media_build tree patched with support for the TBSDTV cards.
The media_build tree is from linuxtv.org.
However, the media_build tree is removed from linuxtv.org as of 28 October
because it is not supported anymore. See
https://git.linuxtv.org/media_build.git/commit/?id=67539ba78bf2c2f0f5cf46a1cab412e6487cbaec
This means that for the time being it is NOT a good idea to upgrade beyond
kernel 5.18 if you use TBSDTV cards.
Other than that I do not know anything but it could be that there is a
brand new project just around the corner... Has been at least 15 years
since I did anything in LInux drivers....

Klaas.