[mythtv-users] Satip - cannot change Diseqc position

Johan Van der Kolk johan.vanderkolk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 10:59:31 UTC 2022

> Op 1 dec. 2022, om 11:27 heeft John <jksjdevelop at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:
>

>> The MythTv SatIP Wiki states that only one channel (PID) is passed in a full mux stream, and therefore Multirec would not be possible. The protocol however states that multiple PIDs can be selected, and dynamic adding/deletion is supported (without affecting the other PID’s) This would allow Multirec, correct? Described on page 44 and 45 of the document.
>>

> Multirec works fine on V32 from SatIP. I often record three channels off a Raspberry Pi hosted dual tuner. Note I statically set the numbers of recordings per tuner to 2. I found dynamic allocation slightly unreliable but that may be just a loading issue on my system. The backend is hosted on a low end NUC.

Understand, it uses a different approach and it works. So no need to complicate things I guess. I’ll be running with 8 physical tuners soon so I foresee no issues there. I was just confused by this statement  " Max recordings: 1 (since the Transponder bouquet the SAT>IP Player sends as MPEG-TS stream to the MythTV backend consists of several programs, but just the tuned to program is filled in with media data) on this Wiki  <https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/SAT2IP_players_as_capture_cards>