[mythtv-users] Satip - cannot change Diseqc position

Johan Van der Kolk johan.vanderkolk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 07:05:14 UTC 2022

Apologies for top posting. See also additional comments at the bottom.

> Op 1 dec. 2022, om 07:00 heeft Johan Van der Kolk <johan.vanderkolk at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:
>
> Hi Klaas,
>
> Whether or not it works on Disecq 1 or 1.1 switches depends on the implementation of the SatTIP server.
> Minisatip supports both versions.
>
> According to the documentation https://www.satip.info/sites/satip/files/resource/satip_specification_version_1_2_2.pdf <https://www.satip.info/sites/satip/files/resource/satip_specification_version_1_2_2.pdf> on page 43 you’ll find that src is to be used to select a satellite position and its value is a numerical value between 1 and 255. So up to 255 satellite positions are supported by the SatIp protocol.
> It’s up to the SatIP server to serve the satellite position based on the sent src value.
>
> thanks for looking in to this!
>
> Johan
>

>> Op 30 nov. 2022, om 23:15 heeft Klaas de Waal <klaas.de.waal at gmail.com <mailto:klaas.de.waal at gmail.com>> het volgende geschreven:
>>

>> On Wed, 30 Nov 2022 at 19:58, Johan Van der Kolk <johan.vanderkolk at gmail.com <mailto:johan.vanderkolk at gmail.com>> wrote:
>> Been running a long time with standard DVB-S cards but thought to try my luck with satip, now the new “capture card” is available in Myth 0.32.
>> So running 0.32/fixes on Ubuntu 22.04, compiled Myth the day before yesterday from (git)source.
>>
>> Installed minisatip as a Sat->IP server, also a fresh compile, allocated my 4 DVB-S tuners and ran a channelscan from mythtv-setup. That works fine.
>> However I have a triple LNB and need to use Diseqc 1.0 to change between the satellites.
>>
>> The channel search on the SatIP capture card always sends a “src=1” to minisatip, which means it always selects the lowest diseqc position (AA).
>>
>> How do I get mythtv-setup to send the src=2 and src=3 commands so I can use the 2nd and 3rd DiseqC position?
>> For testing, I created a playlist for VLC for use with DiseqC position “AB” (src=2) and that works fine.
>>
>> It’s probably hidden somewhere, but after 2 days of searching and trying to assign different video sources I can’t seem to find how to.
>> Probably simple though once you know it.
>>

>> MythTV SatIP does not support DiSEqC. It is an interesting feature and I am willing to look at it but I just did not know at the time that the "src=1"does select a DiSEqC position. Does that work only for the four channel switches or also for the sixteen channel DiSEqC 1.1 switches? Pointers to documentation would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Klaas.

The MythTv SatIP Wiki states that only one channel (PID) is passed in a full mux stream, and therefore Multirec would not be possible. The protocol however states that multiple PIDs can be selected, and dynamic adding/deletion is supported (without affecting the other PID’s) This would allow Multirec, correct? Described on page 44 and 45 of the document.

Johan