[mythtv-users] Ubuntu upgraded

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Aug 21 09:05:52 UTC 2022

On Sun, 21 Aug 2022 17:14:51 +1000, you wrote:

>On 21/08/2022 17:00, Chris Nicholls wrote:
>> I have just upgraded to the latest LTS version and I now get Database
>> failed to start.
>>
>> I have checked the password in mariadb and it is correct.
>>
>> mysql --user=mythtv --host=localhost --password mythconverg works if I
>> user mythtv as the password.
>>
>> Can someone point me in the correct direction?
>>
>> Chris
>>

>Sorry for the noise, I changed the host in setup from the IP address to
>localhost and all came good.
>
>Chris

I updated my development system a couple of days ago, so here are some
things I found.

If you are using mythweb, you will need to change the Apache2 modules
so that php 8.1 is used instead of 7.4 (which has been removed):

sudo su
a2dismod php7.4
a2enmod php8.1
systemctl restart apache2
exit

If you had any customisations (such as bigger limits) in the
/etc/php/7.4 php.ini files, those will need to be copied to the
corresponding /etc/php/8.1 php.ini files before restarting Apache2.

I was running the HWE kernels and Nvidia 515 drivers, and in the LTS
upgrade, my Nvidia drivers were backleveled to 510.  To fix that:

sudo ubuntu-drivers install