[mythtv-users] 32/fixes frontend has very slow playback on ION

Dan Wilga mythtv-users at dwilga.info
Fri Aug 19 17:15:13 UTC 2022

To add some data, I did some more testing with " -v
playback,osd,libav,gui,gpuvideo,gpuaudio,gpu,general". I came across
this line just before a 30-second lag in the log, where nothing was
happening onscreen:

   OpenGL: Src: API Type: Other Msg: Software processing fallback in
rasterization. Blending is not hardware accelerated with ALPHA formats.

Perhaps it's relevant, I don't know. But it seems to me that if OpenGL
is having trouble with alpha-channel graphics that might also explain
why GUI menu transitions are slower than they were with v31.