[mythtv-users] building android mythfrontend on Ubuntu 22.04 vs. 20.04?

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 20:15:23 UTC 2022

So I was testing out the updated Readme.md at
https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/tree/master/android
by building a KVM VM using Ubuntu 20.04 and the instructions including the
dependencies worked as documented.  So I thought I'd see if this held true
on Ubuntu 22.04. Well it did not.  After I built the VM using Ubuntu 22.04
I followed the Readme.md again and it failed building the libs and the
error seemed to indicate it could not find the command 'pkg-config'.

I checked the 20.04 VM and it had the command pkg-config but 22.04 didn't.
I did sudo apt install pkg-config on the 22.04 VM and then the libs were
built.  However, when I tried to build the apk, I got an error about not
finding 'libmariadb.so'.

This made no sense to me.  Anyone have any ideas?  Obviously, I could
update the Readme.md to say Ubuntu 20.04 only, but that would seem odd.

Jim A