[mythtv-users] building Android mythfrontend from source

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 11:58:18 UTC 2022

On Thu, Aug 11, 2022 at 10:52 AM David Hampton via mythtv-users <
mythtv-users at mythtv.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2022-08-11 at 09:30 -0400, James Abernathy wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, Aug 11, 2022 at 9:09 AM James Abernathy
> > <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I've posted my build log for the FireTV 32bit for SDK=21 on my
> > > Google Drive. Maybe someone can see what the issue is with
> > > libbluray.
> > >

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QtTiAy2_2_k3T8Nb2oRFqLeRDqzEHFfV/view?usp=sharing
> > >
> > > Jim A
> > >

> > I just replaced the file with one that includes the console and error
> > output in one file.
>
> You need a newer version of java.  Try upgrading from openjdk-8 to
> something more recent.  My Ubuntu 20.04 builder uses openjdk-14.
>
> David

While I did get the traditional method of building the android frontend
working, I also found the issue with using the Docker method.

There is indeed a bug in the libblurray that was found in April.  I applied
the patch to my copy and was able to build the libs and apk.
https://code.videolan.org/videolan/libbluray/-/commit/8f26777b1ce124ff761f80ef52d6be10bcea323e

What is puzzling is that the traditional method of building uses openjdk-11
and changing the Docker file to that doesn't fix the problem. I even tried
version 16 and 17 same issue with the Docker method.

Whatever version of the "Stuff" that is installed in the Docker container
is different from what you install with android-studio in the traditional
method.

Jim A