[mythtv-users] Digital audio Capability grayed out

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 01:11:30 UTC 2022

On Fri, Aug 12, 2022 at 5:58 PM Klaas de Waal <klaas.de.waal at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Aug 2022 at 23:06, James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Aug 12, 2022 at 4:42 PM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Duh! I checkout fixes/32 and then git log. I found the commit where it
>>> worked and did:
>>> git checkout ae60e8302fab769dd0aacb091d195b1cef08ad9c
>>> That will set me where I can build it, but I'm outside the normal
>>> process, but I don't commit stuff myself.
>>>
>>> Jim A
>>>
>>> Okay I built the commit above from Mar 19, 2022. and I have full Dolby
>> digital when the content is playing. It switches back to Dolby Pro logic
>> when stopped.  So now I just need to find the commit when it stopped
>> working.
>>
>> Jim A
>>

> Could just be that the commit that causes your problem is this one:
>
> commit 1eacadd5f413197746cb61ea036c522c65f95936
> Author: acediac <git.zon at dfgh.net>
> Date:   Sat Apr 9 22:49:25 2022 +1000
>
>     mythfrontend audio fixes for macOS
>
>     - Fixed audio device detection
>     - Fixed Surround Sound channel capability detection (5.1+ speakers)
>     - Fixed memory corruption and leaks
>
>     (cherry picked from commit 10df426eae3809cd896fae340f1c5dafbb628e34)
>
> If you go to the commit before this one, "git
> checkout 560b425776dfced77ceb9a83b13f32cf00ff2d94", then build, it should
> be OK.
> If you then do a "git checkout 1eacadd5f413197746cb61ea036c522c65f95936",
> then build and if it then fails then this is the commit that causes the
> problem.
>
> Klaas.

So I think there is an additional problem debugging this.  Somewhere in the
backend database or in the frontend it remembers your Digital Audio
Capabilities. The system I was testing this on was built from scratch as a
FE/BE combo. Brand new database. The first version used was fixes/32 from
the end of July.  So it showed the "no 5.1" issue.  When I took the build
back from 32.0-59 to 32.0-08 it worked and I could add in the Digital Audio
capabilities. But because it's now stored somewhere, every build I do still
has the same results.  Dolby Digital works.  I even had this problem on my
FireTV.  Once the backend is connected with a frontend, it remembers its
settings, even without the unique id set.