[mythtv-users] building Android mythfrontend from source

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 12:57:54 UTC 2022

On Wed, Aug 10, 2022 at 5:59 PM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I see on github that there seems to be a recommended way of using a docker
> image to make this a whole lot easier.  I see that it seems to be targeted
> toward Ubuntu 20.04.  If that is required, could all this be done in a VM
> of Ubuntu 20.04?

Sorry, but I now remember my Docker stuff.  You can build a VM with Ubuntu
20.04, but it is not necessary.

What I did almost worked.  Maybe I missed a step.

mkdir ~/build
cd ~/build
git clone mythtv packaging here
cd packaging and git checkout fixes/32
cd ~/build
git clone mythtv mythtv
cd mythtv  and git checkout fixes/32
cd ~/build/packaging/android/docker
Then ./start.sh
The builds the android studio environment and when it completes you are
dropped out to a bash shell in the docker container basically at
~/build/packaging/android/

I then tried, make SDK-21 MODE=arm libs
This ran a really long time before it failed due to a compiler error
related to libbluray something or other.
Before I start posting logs somewhere, I thought I would check to see if
there is some dependency missing in the dockerfile related to the
libbluray. I know that library has created issues in building mythtv for
x86 and raspberry pi.

Jim A