[mythtv-users] Consistent problem with mythcommflag

George Bingham georgeb1962 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 20:55:38 UTC 2022

I am seeing a consistent problem where mythcommflag will fail on a
recording with the following error:

mythcommflag[518502]: E Decoder mythplayer.cpp:3366 (DecoderGetFrame)
Player(0): Decoder timed out waiting for free video buffers.

This happens daily on a particular show. It happens occasionally to other
recordings, but it always happens to an hour long 1080 HD recording that's
an afternoon Mon - Friday show.

Other than that recording happening, no other activity is going on... I am
generally not watching another channel or another recording at the time.

My backend PC has 16 G of ram, and although it's also my main frontend and
the frontend is usually running, it's just showing the menu.

This is a recent problem, but I think it  began showing up a couple months
ago.

Anyway to address the lack of free video buffers??

Thanks,

-- George