[mythtv-users] Is 12th gen i3-12100 supported by myth 31/fixes?

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Mon Apr 25 16:48:20 UTC 2022

On 4/25/2022 8:37 AM, Ram Ramesh wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   My age old intel NUC frontend is sick and needs a replacement. I
> want to build a new rig with 12th gen core i3 (NUC is pentium N3700).
>
>    Core i3-12100 has intel UHD graphics 730 per my check. I use debian
> 11 (bullseye) as my distribution with legacy BIOS oot/grub_pc.  I have
> myth 31/fixes installed in my current NUC. I will simply transfer the
> disk from NUC and try to boot/run with the new rig when it is built as
> both graphics are intel (I think I setup VAAPI, but not sure 100%)
>
>   Will my new hardware supported by debian/Xorg/myth combo? Do you
> anticipate any issues that I should research on before building mine?
>
> Thanks for any pointers.
>
> Regards
> Ramesh

Maybe related.  Last year I upgraded my old (non mythtv) MB.  I needed
to upgrade the kernel to support the ethernet adapter on the new MB.
The new kernel no longer supported my Nvidia GT220 video card, so I
though no worries, I'll just use the built-in Intel GPU. It was then I
discovered that I could only use legacy BIOS mode with an external video
card.  Using the Intel graphics required the UEFI BIOS mode.  I then had
to replace grub-pc with grub-efi on my existing HD (a tricky process).
This was an Ubuntu 20.04.1 system.

Jay