[mythtv-users] database on 32/fixes

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Apr 25 09:04:13 UTC 2022

On 25/04/2022 07:15, James wrote:

>> On 25 Apr 2022, at 1:47 pm, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
>>
>> The tables for the mythmusic plugin are not created in an empty
>> database.  You have to install the frontend only mythmusic plugin and
>> then run mythfrontend.  On the first run of the mythmusic plugin, it
>> will create the music tables, or upgrade them to the latest schema if
>> they already exist.
>
> That makes sense, but it is silly for mythweb to have such a prerequesit

Indeed. On my system Mythweb runs on a headless master backend, where there is no requirement for
any plugins and it makes no sense to install any. In fact, pulling the backend out of its rack and
connecting a keyboard and monitor just to install mythmusic would be a major operation. Running the
frontend remotely would be almost as difficult.

I do not use mythmusic or any plugins at all so this requirement does seem unusual.

--

Mike Perkins