[mythtv-users] ubuntu 22.04 build

Roland Ernst rcrernst at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 17:49:58 UTC 2022

On Sun, Apr 24, 2022 at 5:09 PM James <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:

> > On 24 Apr 2022, at 8:54 pm, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I just pushed a different solution. Don't know if the
> > 'libcrystalhd-dev' and 'python3-oauth' packages will be
> > added to 22.04 yet.
>
> I think python3-oauth is called python3-oauthlib

I agree to Bill.
I do not see any need for a 'python3-auth' package or its successors
for mythtv master and fixes/32, but
'mythplugins/configure' requires it at
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythplugins/configure#L625
and
.github/workflows/buildmaster.yml wants to install it.
See
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/.github/workflows/buildmaster.yml#L82
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/fixes/32/.github/workflows/buildfixes32.yml#L82

Note: The MythNetvision 'vimeo' library uses it's own implementation of
oauth.
MythNetvision is not build for Ubuntu since around 2017.

The dependency to libcrystalhd-dev was removed to fulfill Debian
requirements:
See https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/commit/73009b8
Removing libcrystalhd-dev as it's been removed from Debian Bullseye

Roland