[mythtv-users] Cable company changes channel numbers?

DryHeat122 dryheat122 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 15:20:58 UTC 2022

On Fri, Apr 22, 2022 at 7:06 PM Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe this will help:
>
> The idea is to run tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite as user mythtv (assuming
> that's the user
> that the backend runs as). Then the additional files will look similar to
> this:
>
>    https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3480&start=15#p19508
>
> You'll see there that two .xmltv files were created, but both use the same
> sqlite DB.
>
> --
> Bill

OK that link helps. I was not running the config under mythtv user, so
there is one problem.

I'm still unclear whether the config-file name in the command in the wiki
under heading "Run the configuration"

     tv_grab_xx_xxxxxx --configure --config-file $HOME/.mythtv/YYYY.xmltv

should be the same as the config-file name under heading "Setup with
tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite"

     tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --manage-lineups --config-file
$HOME/.mythtv/SD.xmltv

I ask this because the wiki says "The value YYYY in the configuration file
name corresponds to the Video Source Name", but then the later command
suggests using SD.xmltv. This could mean they are supposed to be separate
files.

So in other words, if my source is hdpvr should the first command be

     v_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --configure  --config-file
$HOME/.mythtv/hdpvr.xmltv

or

     v_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --configure  --config-file
$HOME/.mythtv/SD.xmltv

? If the former, then do I also need to run the first command again as

     v_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --configure --config-file
$HOME/.mythtv/ota.xmltv

(ota is my second source) and go through the later config steps for that
too?