[mythtv-users] Mythweb Pagination Setting

Dave Ulrick d-ulrick at comcast.net
Tue Apr 19 20:09:34 UTC 2022

On 4/19/22 9:32 AM, glen wrote:

> i think what he's talking about is the amount of time its taking to
> load recorded shows in mythweb. I have around 1,000 and it loads
> quickly. I believe he needs to adjust all of his cache settings in
> php.ini. i run nextcloud and at some point in the overwiew in
> nextcloud it gave me settings in php.ini to change and since my
> mythweb speed really increased a lot

I've experienced the OP's pagination issue. I have around two thousand
MythTV recordings. When I bring up Mythweb's Recorded Programs page when
pagination is off (as it is by default for a new Web client), there is a
lengthy delay while a thumbnail graphic for each episode is downloaded.
A new Web client that has no MythTV settings will default to All
Programs in the Recorded Programs page which can aggravate the delay.
The solution is to select 10, 25, 50, or 100 for "Page recorded
programs" under Settings / TV / My Session. This setting remains in
effect for every subsequent occasion when the Web client host visits
Mythweb / Recorded Programs.

If a Web client PC seems to forget its pagination setting, I'd think the
most likely cause would be the loss of the Web browser's cookies for
Mythweb.

Dave