[mythtv-users] mythtv with qam256

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Apr 14 13:30:08 UTC 2022

On 04/06/2022 07:50 AM, James Abernathy wrote:

> For example the local CBS channel shows up as 8 with all the program
> information in the Guide for 14 days.  But you can view that channel.
> However, right below it is channel 8_1, with its Guide information
> listed as Unknown. But you can view that and it is CBS channel 8_1.

Sounds like you didn't set the XMLTV ID for the channels you found in
the scan, so when mythfilldatabase was run, it created new channels
(that are not linked to anything) to receive the listings data.  I'd
recommend deleting all channels, scanning, setting XMLTV ID, then
running mythfilldatabase.

Mike