[mythtv-users] scan

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sat Apr 9 02:18:59 UTC 2022

> On 9 Apr 2022, at 5:35 am, James <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I'm playing (on another system) to see if I can get mythtv running on suse tumbleweed.
> I've built from src, have a setup that compiles and does most setup correctly:
> A simple way to stop interaction with the real master is to stop real master backend.
>
> When I do a channel scan I get lock at the correct points then "No channels found".
>
> That smells line a card/firmware problem. Any suggestions of how to spelunk?

OK I’ve changed card from Hauppague to Winfast, recofigured, and scan says “No Channels” even though lock at the right places.
I also tried to play capture device with vlc. No errors reported, but no output.

I guess that tumbleweed won’t play nicely with dvb capture cards. Video playback is good,

James