[mythtv-users] AMDGPU and VDPAU

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Apr 7 03:03:41 UTC 2022

On Wed, 6 Apr 2022 12:34:22 -0600, you wrote:

>On Wed, Apr 6, 2022, 11:57 Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>
>wrote:

>> >I'm somewhat curious about this logic.  Surely a driver exists that
>> >supports this device, no?
>>
>> Not on any current kernel.
>>

>is Nouveau working well enough on these cards after ~10+ years development
>time?

For ordinary desktop use, Nouveau is Ok - there are occasionally
oddities that happen.  I have this on an ancient motherboard I use for
testing that has a builtin Nvidia GPU (much older than my GT220).  But
it does not work for video - playing recordings in MythTV does produce
a picture, but it is very bad and out of sync with the audio
(variably), and not usable.