[mythtv-users] AMDGPU and VDPAU

Ryan Novosielski ryan at novosielski.com
Wed Apr 6 17:54:59 UTC 2022

On Wed, Apr 6, 2022, at 13:39, Will Dormann wrote:
> On 4/6/22 10:06 AM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>> Nvidia making me have
>> to throw away perfectly good GT220 and earlier cards just because they
>> have stopped driver support has made me quite angry with them.
>
> I'm somewhat curious about this logic.  Surely a driver exists that
> supports this device, no?

At some point, you end up wanting to upgrade the OS and the driver stops working right with the kernel (and even before that, gets more irritating to install). I've previously done this for awhile, but then when I went to the next Ubuntu LTS, it became more hassle than I wanted to deal with (which I suppose may be where NVIDIA is coming from not that I support nearly any of their decisions).

--
  Ryan Novosielski
  ryan at novosielski.com