[mythtv-users] scheduler madness

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Apr 6 13:52:48 UTC 2022

On Wed, 6 Apr 2022 20:24:51 +0800, you wrote:

>> On 6 Apr 2022, at 7:10 am, James <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:
>>

>> Klaas sorry for spelling your name wrong, problem between seat and keyboard.
>> James
>
>What is very interesting:
>I reinstalled Leap-15.2 for a bunch of reasons related to my rant about modems etc
>I built mythtv and set it up the same way as I did with ubuntu eg the mysql select Klaas asked for is identical but the result works perfectly.
>
>I cant believe there is an intrinsic fault with ubuntu so either my build or my setup is flawed.
>
>I need to do lots of spelunking so any advice is welcome:
>
>I have a mythconverg_backup of all my videos and their metadata. I have the actual recordings. A restore of the data is unwise as it leads to all manner of 'missing cards' etc.
>Any suggestions of recovery of Video data?
>
>James

If you have a good editor that can handle huge files, just unpack the
backup .sql.gz file to a .sql file and edit out the tables you want.
Then you can just restore them, or you can edit the table names and
restore the data to a different table (eg videometatdata as
videometadata_old).  Then you can use SQL commands to select what you
want to move into the real table:

insert into videometadata (select * from videometadata_old where title
like '%Dr Who%');

It is also possible to do a full database restore, then just delete
all your sources and capture cards with the special delete all
options.  Doing that will also delete all the channels.

mythtv-setup > 4. Video sources > (Delete all video sources)
mythtv-setup > 2. Capture cards > (Delete all capture cards)

Then create them again from scratch to match the new system.