[mythtv-users] mythtv with qam256

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 11:50:50 UTC 2022

On Wed, Apr 6, 2022 at 6:33 AM Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:

> channels?
>
> Jim,
>
> You do not scan for channels on digital cable, the HDHomeRun takes care of
> that.  You just provide it a data source; when I was on cable, I used
> Schedules Direct for that.
>
> Doug

Well, I'm having some success, but not sure why I see what I see on the
Program Guide.  I set up Schedules Direct for SuddenLink Digital cable
instead of just SuddenLink Cable.  After completing the setup and running
mythfilldatabase I see many channels that show up with the guide shown
under the channel number but you can't view that channel.

For example the local CBS channel shows up as 8 with all the program
information in the Guide for 14 days.  But you can view that channel.
However, right below it is channel 8_1, with its Guide information listed
as Unknown. But you can view that and it is CBS channel 8_1.

How can I link up the SchedulesDirect info to the channel that actually has
the tuner?

Jim A