[mythtv-users] Mythtv-frontend app for FireTV 4K stick

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 17:40:09 UTC 2021

I've been running the Mythfrontend and Leanfront apps on my Nvidia
Shield for years.  However due to switching my main streaming app from
SlingTV to DirecTV Stream so I could get the RSN channels which carry my
local NHL team games, I've been forced to use one of my FireTV 4K sticks
instead of the Nvidia Shield.

This is not a problem except for the performance of the Mythfrontend app
on the FireTV 4K.  In the past I've only tested it on recorded programs
that were HD either 1080i or 720p.  While these are okay on the FireTV
4K, it is no where close to Leanfront, which is good on the FireTV 4K.

My testing has brought me to Live TV with the mythfrontend app on the
FireTV 4K.  There seems to be a huge lag in the lip-sync; several
seconds. I don't see this with recorded programs.

Has anyone established the best settings for Mythfrontend v31 for the
FireTV 4K stick?

Jim A