[mythtv-users] is it possible to get v31 builds on xenial (16.04)?

George Bingham georgeb1962 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 13:32:07 UTC 2021

Hi All,

I have a backend running 31 on 20.04.

I recently was gifted an old nexus 6p phone, and got curious and installed
ubuntu touch on it.

They have a container for running desktop applications - but it's only for
16.04.

I thought I was installing V31 as that's the ppa I loaded on the system,
but it's actually V28.  Is there a way to build mythfrontend v31 on xenial?

Building it myself is probably more than I am capable of, but if it were to
come to that, I could probably do it in a VM on my desktop.

So I guess I am asking if it's possible? Or if anyone else has tried the
same thing and is running mythfrontend on an ubuntu touch device, would be
very interested in how you got that working?

Thanks,