[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi OS mythtv-backend- wait for ping

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 21:20:04 UTC 2021

I need some help figuring out how to implement wait-for-pingable on my
raspberry pi mythtv backend.

I'm using Stephen's method from Ubuntu to delay the mythtv backend starting
until the HDHomerun tuners are up. I think I have a race condition because
normally, everything comes up fine because I have Wait for Network at boot
set in raspi-config.  But if I have a power glitch, the backend comes up
without connection to the tuners.

Following the directions from
https://lists.archive.carbon60.com/mythtv/users/625986#625984 I see that I
don't have NetworkManager-wait-online.service and can't enable it.

What am I missing?  I have this working for my Ubuntu 20.04 backend.

Jim A