[mythtv-users] Fwd: Re: channel4 hd has no eit - cross-eit

UB40D ub40dd at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 5 10:21:40 UTC 2021

On Sun, 5 Sept 2021 at 09:23, John <jksjdevelop at gmail.com> wrote:

> I too converted cross-eit to use Python 3 and it is currently working fine
> for me.
>
> I have to edit the file when the clocks change as the line
>
> date = dateobj + datetime.timedelta(seconds=time.altzone)
>
> doesn't cope with the time change, do you have a fix?

While looking for errors, I just noticed the following line in my latest
mythfilldatabase log:

2021-09-05 11:10:35.405331 W  No explicit time zone found, guessing
implicit UTC! Please consider enhancing the guide source to provide
explicit UTC or local time instead.

So perhaps a cleaner fix than the hack I suggested earlier might be to
supply the time zone in the exported xml file. It will take a bit of
digging around to figure out two things:

1 - How / where / in what format

2 - What the correct time zone should be. If I have to say UTC+0 in winter
and UTC+1 in summer then I still need that IF statement. I am not aware of
a way of saying "the time zone is whatever is current in the UK, so please
go and look it up in some library that the OS surely has". Or perhaps
that's what "local time" means, if I can figure out a way of saying that in
the xml file.