[mythtv-users] ***Spam*** dvd subtitles colors

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 00:27:15 UTC 2021

Hoi All,

Of late I have been buying series on dvd. As I do not like playing
disk jokey I rip them to disk using dvd::rip.
With my last buy "Star Trek: Enterprise" I have encountered several
problems.
First I had problems with audiosync, switching to handbrake solved
that.
My second problem is with the subtitles. Normally I just burn the
dutch subtitles while ripping, but on this set there are extra
commentary subtitle and audio streams on some of the episodes so I add
them pass-through. Unfortunately now the coloring is off. Not in vlc
but in myth, in stead of white with dark border they are dark grey
with light grey border.
My first thought was extracting the subtitles as subvob with dvd::rip
(transcode) and adding them as external files. The external files are
even worse colored (blue with yellow border) but that I found I could
simpel adjust in the idx file. Again works fine with vlc but myth
does not see them.
Handbrake has also the option of importing srt subtitle files but not
subvob. So far I have not been able to find a tool to convert them.

So anybody any suggestions?

My last problem is that some of these dvd's have image galleries. As
vlc crashes on them I have been unable to see them and neither
dvd::rip nor handbrake is aware of their presence. I have not jet
further looked into this, but any ideas on how to access them?

--
Tot Mails,
 Hika                          mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
Mijn Mailadres is gewijzigd. Zie hierboven!

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop
Het eeuwige dilemma

De lerende Mens