[mythtv-users] Version 4.4.1 of FFmpeg ready for testing

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 20:22:17 UTC 2021

On Sun, Oct 31, 2021 at 3:39 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/31/21 2:21 PM, James Abernathy wrote:
>

> On Sun, Oct 31, 2021 at 11:18 AM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I have merged version 4.4.1 of FFmpeg into the latest MythTV source
>> master branch. The merged version is in branch devel/ffmpeg-resync. I
>> have not merged it into the main master as yet in case there are problems.
>>
>> I have run a few basic tests of playback with NVDEC, VDPAU and Standard
>> (ffmpeg software) decoding. Also I tested recording/LiveTV with Ceton.
>> All tests were successful.
>>
>> Anybody who is interested, please build and test it to verify that all
>> is well before we merge it into the main master branch.
>>
>> Peter
>>

> I have a test system with v31 on it via PPA.  It's working fine.  What
> else do I need to do besides building the branch devel/ffmpeg-resync.  I
> have built from source before, but always starting with a working system.
>
> Jim A
>

> You will need a v32-pre version (master). If you run it on v31 it will
> upgrade the database to v32 and then you will not be able to go back to v31.
>
> Peter

I figured it would need an upgraded database. I got the upgrade done, but
it turns out that I could not run mythbackend as a service because the
official .service file assumes /usr/bin/mythbackend.  When I built from
source it put the executables in /usr/local/bin.  Once that was fixed it
ran.

Now to the problems I'm seeing.  I have a PBS channel that has an Audio
Disabled error on mythfrontend due to an initialization error.  All the
other channels work fine.  In Setup/audio the testing of the channels work
and I hear sound but the error popup says Invalid audio device.

If you can't duplicate, let me know and I'll see what logs I can dig up

jim A