[mythtv-users] Logitech Harmony remote replacement - SofaBaton U1 ?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 25 15:12:06 UTC 2021

On 06/25/2021 04:31 AM, Steve Goodey wrote:
> On Friday, 25 June 2021 02:29:23 BST Daniel Di Giacomo wrote:
>> Maybe there is hope:
>> https://www.yio-remote.com/
> Thanks for this, looks very interesting. Watching the videos of the self
> assembly kit is intriguing and frightening at the same time! Seems those kits
> are no longer available hence the "Remote 2 coming to Kickstarter this
> summer."

And, BTW, the Kickstarter has been live for a while.  There's just under
a week left to pledge.

http://kickstarter.yio-remote.com/

The Remote 2 comes fully assembled (not a kit).  It's€369 (about $431
according to Kickstarter), but there's also shipping from Europe, which
is an additional €40 to US/Canada (€25 to Europe, €30 to
UK/Norway/Switzerland, €50 to Australia/NZ). Full details on the Yio
remote website: https://www.yio-remote.com/

Seems it's designed to be local (no need to use Alexa/Google/Apple
Home/...), fully programmable (even the touchscreen--and audio messages)
and with an API, so it seems that it would be rather straightforward to
use with MythTV.

I'm considering at least doing a €10 "I'm interested" pledge so I have
the option to increase to the full remote purchase level when they get
to orders and shipping.

Mike