[mythtv-users] Remotely monitor Backend is running

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 15:13:30 UTC 2021

Hi Stephen!

>> libmyth-python is already the newest version
>> (2:29.1+fixes.20180414.329c235-0ubuntu3).
> This will be the problem, I think.  It is libmyth-python 0.29.1, not
> v30.  So you will need to install the MythTV v30 repository and
> update:
>
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mythbuntu/30
> sudo apt update
> sudo apt full-upgrade

“Funny” how that version 0.29 got overlooked! ..OK, did the correction,
rerun python '/home/barry/MythTV Backend
Scripts/test-mythbackend_v1_3-101421.py' …. Well, seems better:

barry at NZXT:~$ python '/home/barry/MythTV Backend
Scripts/test-mythbackend_v1_3-101421.py'
Unable to get BackendStatusPort settings from MythTV database, using
defaults
barry at NZXT:~$

Try changing HOST= ‘localhost’ to using the IP address of the Backend….
same error.

And thanks for the detailed instructions on ssh (your next message).
Have some familiarity, mainly with Raspberry Pi’s, but your details with
copying the keys and restarting just modules is something I’ve bumbled
around with. Will do that later today.

Barry