[mythtv-users] Remotely monitor Backend is running

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 22:41:09 UTC 2021

Hi Bill!
> The Count parameter just tells the GetUpcomingList endpoint how many upcoming
> recordings to return. I selected 1 because I assume you really care that at
> least one recording will be made in the future.
>
> Count=0 returns ALL upcoming recordings. That's OK, but probably more than
> you need.
>
> If "Count" : "0", is returned , there are no upcoming recordings.
>
> If there curl fails, it's unable to communicate with the backend
> or at least with the Services API thread.

Thanks for the explanation – that helps so I can figure how to create a
“if see ‘0’ then display the error message” routine. ...I can’t find it
right now but the other day there was a post to me which did a reboot of
the Backend when it saw a problem. Seems like it needed to be told to
reboot the remote machine (Backend) as as it was seemed like it would
reboot the local machine.

Barry