[mythtv-users] Remotely monitor Backend is running

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 16:21:48 UTC 2021

Hi Bill!

> Here's a command line version that does the last test in Stephen's
> script that just sees if there's at lease one upcoming recording:
>
>    $ curl --header Accept:application/JSON --silent yourBE:6544/Dvr/GetUpcomingList?Count=1 | json_pp - | grep '"Count"'
>
> Which returns: "Count" : "1", if there's at least one upcoming recording.
> That may be easier to do.

YESSS!!! This is certainly simpler, at least for what I’m wishing to do.
I’m guessing any result but ‘ *"Count" : "1",* ‘ means there’s a
problem. As a quick experiment changed the command’s
GetUpcomingList?Count=1 to 0 (zero) and received ‘254’. Tested with 9
and 99 and received those numbers back – 9^th and 99^th upcoming
programmes maybe? Probably easier to stick with the expected result and
anything else is considered an error.

Barry