[mythtv-users] Remotely monitor Backend is running

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Oct 13 09:01:46 UTC 2021

On Tue, 12 Oct 2021 17:44:58 -0500, you wrote:

>Hi Stephen!
>
>> http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/test-mythbackend.py
>

>Downloaded version 1.3, changed the initial line to run Python 2. Did
>not add any lines this time! Results:
>

>barry at NZXT:~$ *python2 '/home/barry/MythTV Backend
>Scripts/Test-v1_3-work.py' *
>
>Please install the MythTV services_api version compatible with your
>MythTV backend.
>
>In Ubuntu, to get the current version of the MythTV services_api, do
>"sudo apt install libmyth-python".
>
>If you still get this message after installing libmyth-python, do "sudo
>apt install python-future python-requests".
>
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>File "/home/barry/MythTV Backend Scripts/Test-v1_3-work.py", line 35, in
><module>
>
>from MythTV.services_api import send as api
>
>ImportError: No module named MythTV.services_api
>

>So *sudo apt install libmyth-python* – installs a bunch of stuff .
>

>barry at NZXT:~$ *python2 '/home/barry/MythTV Backend
>Scripts/Test-v1_3-work.py' *
>
>Please install the MythTV services_api version compatible with your
>MythTV backend.
>
>In Ubuntu, to get the current version of the MythTV services_api, do
>"sudo apt install libmyth-python".
>
>If you still get this message after installing libmyth-python, do "sudo
>apt install python-future python-requests".
>
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>File "/home/barry/MythTV Backend Scripts/Test-v1_3-work.py", line 35, in
><module>
>
>from MythTV.services_api import send as api
>
>File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MythTV/__init__.py", line 36, in
><module>
>
>from .utility import *
>
>File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MythTV/utility/__init__.py", line
>2, in <module>
>
>from .enum import EnumValue, Enum, BitwiseEnum
>
>File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MythTV/utility/enum.py", line 9,
>in <module>
>
>from builtins import int
>
>ImportError: No module named builtins
>

>OK, so we got the same error message again, but this time with others.
>Will run "sudo apt install python-future python-requests". Seems like I
>had to run that installation for another programme on another computer
>around here, so not unusual.
 Installs a bunch more.

>barry at NZXT:~$ *python2 '/home/barry/MythTV Backend
>Scripts/Test-v1_3-work.py' *
>
>Please install the MythTV services_api version compatible with your
>MythTV backend.
>
>In Ubuntu, to get the current version of the MythTV services_api, do
>"sudo apt install libmyth-python".
>
>If you still get this message after installing libmyth-python, do "sudo
>apt install python-future python-requests".
>
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>File "/home/barry/MythTV Backend Scripts/Test-v1_3-work.py", line 35, in
><module>
>
>from MythTV.services_api import send as api
>
>ImportError: No module named services_api
>

>Hmmm! Still seeing the error message.
>

>As for the ‘services_api’ I’ll try changing localhost to the Backend’s IP
>
>HOST = 'localhost' ==> HOST = ‘192.168.4.3’
>
>(Not doing anything to change line numbers.)
>

>barry at NZXT:~$ *python2 '/home/barry/MythTV Backend
>Scripts/Test-v1_3-work.py' *
>
>Please install the MythTV services_api version compatible with your
>MythTV backend.
>
>In Ubuntu, to get the current version of the MythTV services_api, do
>"sudo apt install libmyth-python".
>
>If you still get this message after installing libmyth-python, do "sudo
>apt install python-future python-requests".
>
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>File "/home/barry/MythTV Backend Scripts/Test-v1_3-work.py", line 35, in
><module>
>
>from MythTV.services_api import send as api
>
>ImportError: No module named services_api
>

>Changed back to localhost, though seems like it should be looking to the
>Backend.
>

>Barry

It is looking like there are still some missing Python modules.  The
easiest way to tell exactly what is going on is just to manually run
the "from" command.  So run "python2", then from the Python command
prompt, run:

from MythTV.services_api import send as api

There should be a detailed traceback which will tell you what the
missing Python module is called.  To exit Python, use Ctrl-D (which
closes the input file from the keyboard, causing Python to exit).