[mythtv-users] Remotely monitor Backend is running

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Oct 12 09:32:40 UTC 2021

On Tue, 12 Oct 2021 16:25:44 +1300, you wrote:

>So I think I need to create a virtual PC running a similar setup to
>the PC you want to run this on and try it out and see what happens. So
>what is that PC running?  And your current backend box is running
>MythTV v30, but what version of Ubuntu is it running?

I have installed Ubuntu 18.04.6 in a virtual machine and can now test
the test-mythbackend.py program there.  It looks like installing
libmyth-python on a non-MythTV box works - there are quite a few other
packages that need to be installed, but it does not pull in any more
of MythTV.  But test-mythbackend.py is not getting the services_api
correctly, so I will have to work out what the problem is.  Which
looks like it will have to wait until tomorrow.