[mythtv-users] Remotely monitor Backend is running

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Oct 11 17:22:39 UTC 2021

On 11/10/2021 16:49, Barry Martin wrote:

> Hi Bill!
>
>> Does the computer you're running the above on have MythTV installed? E.g. is it
>> a remote frontend?
>>
>> Or, just run this: locate -b '\services_api' . If installed, you'll see something
>> *similar*  to this:
>>
>>    /usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/MythTV/services_api
>

> That seems to be the issue: this/my computer does not have any Myth on it (other than notes, etc.,
> and that isn’t what we’re looking for). So the (python) script should be looking at the Backend for
> services.api.

I think you're a little confused here (or maybe I am).

You need to have a python module on the host that is making the request in order to format it into
something that the api on the backend understands.

Normally, you'd get that automatically when you install a frontend on that host.

I though the whole point of this was that the /frontend/ needed to know if the backend was up? If
so, that's where this code should be running. Why are you running it on a non-mythtv host at all?

--

Mike Perkins