[mythtv-users] Remotely monitor Backend is running

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 13:26:01 UTC 2021

Hi Stephen!

Thanks for the ‘condensed gaps’ – I’ll download and test later today. As
for a better name, I’m not the one to ask! <chuckling> My most inventive
computer name is “BrokenTab” because it had a broken tab holding the
heat sink on (since replaced). Scripts generally get named for what they
do and put in a subdir titled something about the function. Guess our
creative abilities lie elsewhere!

> What version of MythTV are you using?  The Utilities.py package is
> only necessary for quite old versions.

Umm, was commented, wasn’t it? I’m using version 30 on the current
Backend; creating a new computer which will use v31 or whatever is current.

Will play with test-mythbackend.py and see if come up with any quirks:
I’ve got some monitoring scripts that work on one system but need a
slightly different command on another system and the two systems are cloned!

Barry