[mythtv-users] No subtitle menu for OTA recordings

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Nov 30 10:16:04 UTC 2021

On Tue, 30 Nov 2021 08:44:46 +0000, you wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Nov 2021 at 03:56, Bob <mythtv at cox.net> wrote:
>
>> I have 3 systems I use, only one of which offers the "Subtitles" menu
>> for the same recording (when viewed on any of the 3 systems, recording
>> format is ATSC 1.0).
>>
>> I have a BE/FE combo that does not offer the "Subtitles" menu, a
>> dedicated FE that does, and another FE that does not. I've compared the
>> settings and I don't understand the difference.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>

>Frontend themes?

I get the subtitles menu using the MythCenter-Wide 1.7 theme on MythTV
v31+fixes.

There are other ways to enable subtitles.  From the keyboard, use the
T key.  I have my remotes set up to do this too from the # key.  This
is what I have in my $(HOME)/.lirc/mythtv file:

begin
    remote = devinput
    prog = mythtv
             # Hash (#) key - subtitles (MCE remotes)
    button = KEY_NUMERIC_POUND
    config = T
    repeat = 0
    delay = 0
end

begin
    remote = devinput
    prog = mythtv
             # Hash (#) key - subtitles (Hauppauge remotes)
    button = KEY_GRAVE
    config = T
    repeat = 0
    delay = 0
end

If you go to:

mythfrontend > Setup > Edit Keys> TV Playback

you should see the list of things you can configure on keystrokes (and
then also map to remote keys).  There are a number that are for
subtitles.  The default binding for T is TOGGLECC which toggles the
default subtitles on and off.